Isabella Moro was born in Padova on 23/01/1965. She graduated in Biology at the University of Padova in 1989. From 1992 to 2005 she was technician at the Department of Biology
(University of Padova). In 2002 she got her Ph.D. degree in Evolutionary Biology at the University of Padova. From 1 January 2006 she is researcher of Botany at the Department of
Biology (University of Padova). Her main research fields are surveys on the biodiversity of cyanobacteria, microalgae, and macroalgae through morphological, ultrastructural,
biochemical and molecular approaches. In particular, her research projects involve: a) molecular and phylogenetics analyses on different macroalgal species in order to identify new
alien taxa recently introduced in the Adriatic Sea (Mediterranean, Italy); b) DNA barcoding to solve current problems of systematics of cyanobacteria and algae; c) surveys on adaptive
mechanisms by microorganisms (cyanobacteria and microalgae) to extreme growth environments. Isabella Moro has an extensive experience in light and electron microscopy, and
molecular techniques. She is author and co-author of 66 publications in international peer-reviewed journals. She has been referee for several scientific journals. She is a member of
Italian Society of Botany (SBI) and of Federation of European Phycological Society (FEPS).
Articles published in the last 5 years
Coccomyxa cimbrica sp. nov., a green microalga found in association with carnivorous plants of the genus Drosera L. EUR J PHYCOL
Sciuto K, Baldan B, Marcato S, Moro I
Molecular characterization of the red alga Anotrichium tenue (Ceramiales, Rhodophyta) based on topotype material AQUAT BOT
Wolf MA, Moro I, Sfriso A
On the feedback between water turbidity and microphytobenthos growth in shallow tidal environments EARTH SURF PROC LAND
Pivato M, Carniello L, Moro I, D'Odorico P
Updating Ceramium (Rhodophyta, Ceramiales) biodiversity in the North Adriatic Sea (Mediterranean): Ceramium rothianum sp. nov. and rediscovery of three forgotten species EUR J PHYCOL
Wolf MA, Sciuto K, Betto VM, Moro I, Maggs CA, Sfriso A
Antifouling properties of different Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation coatings on 7075 aluminium alloy INT BIODETER BIODEGR
Cerchier P, Pezzato L, Moschin E, Bertolucci Coelho L, Marjorie Olivier MG, Moro I, Magrini M
- Morphological, ultrastructural, biochemical and molecular investigations on cyanobacteria and microalgae living in different environments;
- Surveys on the seaweed biodiversity of the Mediterranean Sea, through morphological and molecular analyses, with particular attention to the allochthonous taxa;
- Effects of xenobiotics on microalgae, macroalgae, and higher plants.
Proposals for thesis
- Morphological, ultrastructural, biochemical and molecular investigations on cyanobacteria and microalgae.
- Morphological and molecular surveys on the seaweed biodiversity of the Mediterranean Sea, with particular attention to the allochthonous taxa.
- Surveys on the xenobiotics in microalgae.
- Surveys on the phytoplankton of the North Adriatic Sea.