• Degree in Biology (110/110 cum laude,University of Padova), 1992
• PhD in Genetics (University of Ferrara; Consortium among Universities of Bologna, Ferrara, Padova, Parma and Pisa), 1998
• Post graduate fellow of ”Associazione Italiana Ricerca sul Cancro” (AIRC) at the Department of Biology, University of Padova, 1993-1994
• PhD student in Genetics (University of Ferrara; Consortium among Universities of Bologna, Ferrara, Padova, Parma and Pisa), 1994-1997.
• Erasmus PhD student at the Department of Genetics, University of Leicester, UK, 1995
• Postdoc (University Hospital, Univeristy of Padova), 1997-1999
• Assistant Professor (Genetics) (University of Padova), 1999-2011
• Associate Professor (Scientific Disciplinary Sector BIO/18-Genetics) at the University Padova, Department of Biology, 2011-present
• Visiting Scientist (University of Fribourg, Fribourg (CH)), 2012-2013
Main research topics:
• Antimicrobial Peptides (AMPs) and innate immune response in B. mori. Four topics are addressed: i) generation of transgenic silkworms producing an AMP-enriched silk; ii) Genetic differences in the innate immune response among laboratory and commercial silkworm strains; iii) Mechanism of action of specific silkworm AMPs, candidates for drug development; iv) the circadian control of the innate immune response in B. mori.
• Analysis of circadian clock and other behavioral genes in insects. This research has been focused on the molecular and functional analyses of circadian and other behavioral genes in the fruit fly D. melanogaster and other insects (B. mori, C. capitata), developing studies including developmental and behavioral analyses, transgenesis, cellular and molecular analyses (at DNA, RNA and protein levels).Currently, she is developing a study to characterize the in vivo transcriptomic variations in Drosophila adult brain neurons (dopaminergic neurons), under normal and oxidative stress- generating environments and in different mutant backgrounds.
• “Genetics” for the first-level degree (Bachelor) in Biotechnology and Natural Science, University of Padova 2000-present
• Invited Professor in the “Spring school of Chronobiology” for PhD students in Haren, Netherlands, June 2004.
• She acquired the Teaching4Learning Badge from University of Padova, 2018
• Tutor/supervisor of several theses for Bachelor and Master degrees
• Supervisor of 3 PhD students and 3 PostDocs.
BOARD OF PhD PROGRAMS
• Member of the board of professors of the PhD School in “Biosciences”, Curriculum “Genetics Genomics and Bioinformatics”, University of Padova, 2018
• Member of the board of professors of the PhD School of “Biosciences and Biotechnology”, Curriculum “Genetics and Developmental Molecular Biology”, University of Padova 2009-2015.
Curriculum in PDF: