The Teaching Commission (TC) is composed by the Presidents of the teaching Courses (CdS) referred to the Department, by the teaching administrative Manager and by a Coordinator, delegated by the Director and chosen among the professors of the Department. For specific problems, the TC may require the advice of the Department Administrative Secretary, the Managers of lesson Timetable and of the TCS websites, the technical staff of the experimental laboratory facilities for students and the informatic staff.
The TC carries out preliminary and prepositive tasks regarding the organization of the teaching activities of the CdS related to the Department. In particular, the primary task of the TC is to ensure that the educational offer of the Department is characterized by high quality, using, with rationality and in harmony with the different teaching needs, the resources available in terms of teaching, technical and administrative staff, infrastructure and University funding dedicated to teaching (Mobile Teaching funds and Teaching Improvement Contribution).
For this the TC:
- annually submits to the Departmental Council the proposal for the assignment of teaching duties of professors and researchers belonging to the Department, considering the suggestions of the SSD Managers and in compliance with current legislation and University regulations;
- prepares the framework of requests for coverage by other Departments for those courses whose SSDs are not included among those present in the Department of Biology;
- prepares, once the teaching potential of the Department is exhausted, the framework of the teaching coverage to be assigned using additional tasks free of charge and / or burdensome, within the limits of the economic resources provided by the fund for the Mobile Teaching;
- decides, through a subcommittee, the assignment of the assigned tasks, on the basis of specific competence criteria and, in the case of previous experience of the candidate, the opinion expressed by the students in their online evaluations;
- organizes and coordinates, prior to each teaching semester, the requests of supplementary teaching necessary for the various CdS, to support the activities in the experimental laboratories for students
- monitors the information provided to the students on the CdS websites and the logistics (availability of classrooms and laboratories) for carrying out of the teaching activities;
- annually formulates a proposal for the use of the university Fund for the Improvement of Teaching, taking into account the need to maintain the quality of experimental laboratories, in terms of equipment and consumables, the functioning of the Teaching Services (Didactic Secretariat and Laboratory Service) and the needs of the different CdS, in terms of specific laboratory consumables and instrumentations, field activities, specialized seminars, etc.
- monitors the trend of both general and specific CdS expenses;
activates initiatives to promote the quality of teaching provided by the Department, the organization of activities during the Week for the Improvement of Teaching and the organisation of projects aimed at financing innovative teaching activities;
- interfaces with other University Council and services dedicated to teaching, such as the School of Sciences for the issue of teaching and supplementary teaching announcements and the "A. Vallisneri " interdepartmental Pole regarding the availability of suitable classrooms and laboratories and the correct publication of timetables.